If you’re looking for ways to fix orange or yellow flame on your gas stove, then you’re in the right article.
With this article, you’re going to find out why is your gas stove has orange flame and what you should do about it.
Let’s get started with:
What does an orange flame mean on a gas stove?
Orange or yellow flames from your gas stove indicate an incomplete burning of fuel and can put you at risk for carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. When fuel is burned with less oxygen it produces carbon monoxide.
When you light up the gas stove burner, you mostly see a blue flame. Therefore, if you notice an orange or yellow glow in your gas stove, it’s probably because there’s something wrong and the gas is not burning properly.
What happens when an orange flame comes out of oven?
When you have a gas stove that is emitting blue flames, the amount of carbon monoxide being released is at relatively safe levels. However, an orange flame is a major red flag and there is a risk that elevated levels of carbon monoxide are present in the air in a closed room.
How to fix Orange or Yellow Flames on Gas Stove?
The main reason of orange or yellow flame is improper cleaning of the burners. So keep your gas stove burners clean once or twice in a week. If there are any food in the burner, clean it with below method to be on the safe side.
Gas Stove Burner Cleaning Methods
- Remove the burners from the gas stove.
- Take a stainless steel bowl and pour white vinegar into it.
- Now soak the brass burners in that bowl properly and left them for 10 mins.
- Use a metal brush or sponge and clean the burners.
- After that wash them properly in fresh water.
- All the greases and dirt will be removed.
Lemon and Baking Soda Solution
Lemon and baking soda is common household item we have at home. You can use them to clean gas stove burners.
- Take one small lemon and slice it into 4 pieces.
- Now use one slice and mix it with baking powder and rub it on the burner.
- After rubbing it for 2-5 times you’ll see dirt started to come off.
- Do this with all the burner and after that clean them with fresh water.