Air fryers are best for little to no oil cooking.
Everybody wants to stay healthy but due to work and no time, it’s a hard choice to eat junk foods.
Air fryers help you to cook food easily and also with less to no oil included in the food.
In this article, we’re going to discuss the best air fryers in India for 2021 with user ratings & price point.
Let’s get started:
Best Air Fryers in India 2021
Best air fryers in India 2021:
- Philips Viva Collection HD9220 Air Fryer
- Prestige PAF 6.0 Electric Air Fryer
- iBELL AF23B Crispy Air Fryer
- Inalsa Air Fryer 2.9 L Fry Light with 1400-Watt
- Glen 3044 1350-Watt Stainless Steel Air Fryer
- Koryo KHF3320 Air Fryer
Philips Viva Collection HD9220 Air Fryer
- Type: Air Fryer
- Cooking capability: Fry, grill, roast and bake
- Capacity: 2.2 litres
- Wattage: 1425 W
- Includes Air Fryer with recipe book
Prestige PAF 6.0 Electric Air Fryer
- Fry, Grill, Roast , bake and More,Frying basket capacity – 2.0 liter
- Temperature range from 80 to 200 deg Celsius, Timer upto 30 mins
- Smoke vent for absorbing unwanted odour and smoke
- Even heat distribution,1200 watts power
- Warranty : 1 Year
iBELL AF23B Crispy Air Fryer
- Wattage: 1200W| Capacity: 2.3 L| Color Name: Black
- Material: Plastic| Voltage: 230V
- Included Components: Air Fryer, User Manual| Warranty: 1 Year Standard Warranty & 6 Months...
- Key Benefits: Dishwasher Safe
- Cooking Capabilities: Crisp Fry
Inalsa Air Fryer 2.9 L Fry Light with 1400-Watt
- Fulfil Instant Cravings, with 1400w of power, this air fryer heats up in 2-3 minutes and...
- Quick Release Button: Pressing the release button allows you to detach your basket from...
- Intelligent Knob and Easy To Use: Rotate the knob to adjust timer and temp according to...
- Family Size Basket with 2.9 L Food Basket and 4.2 L Cooking Pan capacity, this air-fryer...
- Safety mechanism: For your safety, this appliance automatically switches off itself on...
Glen 3044 1350-Watt Stainless Steel Air Fryer
- Wattage: 1350W| Capacity: 2.8 L| Color Name: Black
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Warranty: 2 Years Warranty
- Key Benefits: Vapour Steam And Cool Touch Handle
- Cooking Capabilities: Use For Frying, Baking, Grilling & Roasting
Koryo KHF3320 Air Fryer
- Cook food with up to 80% less oil
- Suitable for Healthy Frying, Grilling, Roasting and Baking your favourite food items
- High Speed Air Circulation to cook food, Temperature control 80 to 200 Deg. Cel.
- 1350 Watt power, Capacity 2.6 Litres, Timer Up to 30 minutes, Auto cut-off, Indicator...
- Cooking Attachments included – Silicon Cup Cake Molds, Silicon Brush, Pizza Pan, Cake...
How do you pick an air fryer?
Air fryers are new to the market. So it’s best to know how to pick the right air fryer according to your needs, budgets & features.
Air Fryer Size
Air fryers comes in different sizes. Everyone from students to large families will be benefited from an air fryer. The air fryer size ranges from 1 L to 30 L depending upon the type of air fryer.
A smaller capacity air fryer will be best for students & workers as they will be cooking for only 1 or 2 people. A family of 3-4 people requires a little bit more cooking space say around 4-8L. A larger family needs more than 8 L cooking space.
Air fryer size also depends on the type of food you’re cooking. If you’re cooking a Tandoori Chicken then it’s best to get a larger air fryer and for fries you can always use a medium or lower capacity air fryer.
Our recommendation: Get a medium-size air fryer that’ll fit your daily cooking needs – be it fries or Tandoori Chicken.
Types of Air Fryers
All the air fryers have a heating element and fan to circulate the hot air around the food. Though their working principle is the same, different types of air fryers exists today.
Compact air fryers are looks like a round shape, some large-capacity air fryers look like a Microwave oven. Other types include halogen and paddle-type air fryers.
- Round/Egg Shaped Air Fryer
These types of air fryers are common in the market. They require less space to fit in, makes them perfect for regular household cooking.
- Air Fryer Ovens
Air fryer ovens are best for cooking a lot of food together in horizontal racks. Thus makes it easy to cook different type of foods in a single go.
For example, you can put meat on one rack, vegetables on others and some fries on another.
These models are costlier and come with accessories like small baking dishes, kabab skewers, rotisserie and others.
- Paddle Type Air Fryers
Paddle air fryers are one of the pioneering design in this industry. They have a rotating paddle which turns and stirs the foods while heat cooks the food. Some model uses a rotating basket to cook food evenly.
- Halogen Air Fryers
Halogen air fryers use halogen bulbs as their heating source. The heat emitted from these bulbs is circulated around the food ingredients using a fan.
Air Fryer Design
Traditional air fryers come with two different styles to put and remove food from the air fryer.
- Pull-out drawer – This is the most common design and easy to operate because the heating element is not exposed. However, the cooking space of these types of air fryers is less and requires more kitchen space for the same size space on an oven-style air fryer.
- Oven style– This type of design mostly found in large-capacity air fryers. It is easy to cook food because of its ample amount of space inside. One drawback is the heating element is not covered and thus you’ve to be careful while removing or adding food.
Most of the air fryer comes with some basic features that every model should have. They are – Timer and Temperature. The timer help us to control the cooking time andd the temperature help to set the temp inside the air fryer.
Most of the air fryers include a timer with up to 30 mins or 60 mins depending upon the type of air fryer. On the other hand, temperature ranges between 200 F to 400 F. They help us control the cooking process according to our requirements.
To control, the temperature & timer setting, air fryers come with different types of control knobs. The different models come with touch buttons or manual knobs.
When it comes to usability, manual knobs are best as they are easy to use while working in the kitchen. The touch buttons sometimes require more attention and clean hands to set them properly.
Now a days, most of the air fryers come with built-in cooking programs. You have to select the dish and timer and temperature settings will be auto selected for you. Just put the item into the air fryer and start.
This feature is perfect for people who don’t have much time to spend on cooking. Some analog approach air fryers also have pre-set cooking options – which are usually printed on the lid of body.
Modern air fryers come with a lot of useful features to make your cooking easier. Some models include features like preheating, reheat & pause.
Even some model comes with as a combo – you can use the air fryer for rotisserie, microwave oven, baking, grilling and etc. Although the models are costlier than other basic air fryers but can replace a lot of kitchen appliances easily.
Power consumption is another important factor for all of us. How many units will cost you for one-hour usage of an air fryer?
Air fryers’ power ratings mostly ranges from 1200 Watts to 2100 Watts. So if you use an air fryer for 1 hour then it’ll consume 1.2 Unit to 2.1 Unit depending upon the range.
However, you’ve to remember that the higher the wattage is, the quicker heat is generated and faster food is cooked. Generally, higher wattage air fryers are more energy efficient as they cook food quickly
Safety is another important aspect of an electronic gadget. Remember air fryers are high temperature in nature. Some basic safety includes an auto shut off when the door is open and when the cooking is finished. These features are specially developed to prevent any damages, injuries, and smoke build-up.
If you love fried food, then as per our internal testing, we choose Philips HD9220 Air Fryer as it has got rapid air technology, impressive design, and amazing functionalities.
Another budget-friendly option will be the Prestige PAF 6.0 Electric Air Fryer, as it comes at an affordable price range.