Are you looking for best cast iron cookware in India?
In this guide, we have listed some of the best iron cookwares like Kadai, skillet, frying pan, dosa tawa/rock tawa, etc.
Some of the best cast iron cookware brands are Vinod, Nutrion, Rock Tawa, etc.
Best Cast Iron Cookware in India
|Healthy Choices Cast Iron Skillet||9 inch/22.8 cm||2.2 Kg|
|Vinod Legacy Pre-Seasoned Frypan||9.4 inch/24 cm||2.1 Kg|
|AmazonBasics Cast Iron Skillet||12 inch||3.7 kg|
|Rock Cast Iron Tawa||10.5 inch||2.5 kg|
|The Indus Valley Cast Iron Kadai||2.5 L/10 inch||2.9 kg|
|Meyer Cast Iron Cookware||28 cm||2.6 kg|
|The Indus Valley Paniyaram Pan||27 cm||2.8 Kg|
You can also read our guide on best non-stick cookware from here.
AmazonBasic cast iron skillet is the most affordable model to buy online. It comes in 3 different sizes- L, XL, XXL. You can buy a silicone holder to prevent burning. The XL model weighs around 3.6 Kg and is pre-seasoned properly.
The heavy duty-cast iron retains the heat & distributes it evenly. It is good to go right out of the box as it comes pre-seasoned.
Its round shape, flat base, and slightly flared side edges add up to its versatility. It is very easy to use, and clean. The user-friendly handles make it easy to lift & move.
It can endure up to 260℃ heat and is completely oven-safe. You can use it on all cooking surfaces and it is advised to prevent dragging across glass surfaces.
A few other benefits of using Amazon Basic skillet:
- The skillet can be used for pan-frying, baking, searing, broiling, roasting, etc.
- It is pre-baked with penetrating vegetable oil resulting in a rather easier food release.
- You can try your signature dishes, everyday favourites, or something special with extra comfort.
The extra-large size skillet has a volume of 3.5 litres and can serve up to 3-4 people.
Warranty: Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
Depth: Not specified
Overall a valuable utensil to own that gives a uniquely delicious taste and a comfortable cooking experience.
- Use a stiff brush & hot water for cleaning after cooking
- Then rinse & towel dry
- Boil water in the cookware to remove the food that’s stuck
- Do not use soap and hard cleaning detergents
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- Oven-safe to 260℃
- Not dishwasher-safe
If you’re looking for a cast iron dosa tawa then this Rock cast iron skillet is our choice. The Rock tawa is made up of 10.5 inches pre-seasoned cast iron with 4.2 mm in thickness and manufactured in India. You can use this Tawa for dosa, Rava, etc.
Rock Tawa provides similar benefits to Lodge, just that it is a local brand. You can use the iron pan on gas, electric and induction stovetops. Which makes it a versatile product, capable of cooking complete items.
The cast-iron skillet is pre-seasoned with sunflower oil, which makes it rust-resistant, and ready for immediate use.
The Rock Tawa skillet is 4.2mm thick, meaning you can use it for high-temperature cooking. A feature that is unique to iron vessels.
What we also like about this product was:
- The pan is deep enough to cook light curries
- Rock Tawa skillet comes with an extended handle which makes it easy to hold for a long time
- The sunflower oil coating makes it non-sticky and ideal for making items like dosas and omelet
It is a 10.5-inch pan, making it an ideal choice for small families. Moreover, because of the skillet’s thickness, you can cook 2 to 3 items back to back without worrying about the pan losing its coat.
The Rock Tawa cast iron skillet weighs 2.8kg. We found it a bit heavier than Lodge, but still easy to hold, lift and cook compared to other iron vessels.
Warranty: 1 year
Depth: 5.2 cm
- Do not use soap directly to clean
- Rinse the pan with warm water
- Use soapy water to clean the pan
- Season it after cleaning
- Ideal for back to back use
- Value for money
- Consumes more oil
When you are in search of a cast iron Kadai, the Indus Valley Kadai is the best. The Indus Valley Kadai comes in 2 sizes- 1.5 L and 2.5 L cooking capacity. This Kadai is pre-seasoned properly and provides a traditional taste for Indian dishes.
It’s easy to use on a gas stove and traditional fire. The model is not oven safe.
It has 21 cm in diameter and holds a capacity of 2.5L/day. It weighs about 3.9 kg.
Though made of iron, it doesn’t need harsh chemicals to treat. Just cleaning with a mild dish-washing liquid and water is enough. Wipe the cleaned Kadai with a soft cloth and store it in a dry place to use further for a long time. It is also available at a reasonable price and so it’s a better choice for everyone.
Things We Liked:
- It’s small in size and handy.
- It is ideal for small and slow cooking meals.
- It is more durable with regular seasoning maintenance.
Things We Didn’t Like:
- It gets rusted when unused.
- It is not dishwasher-friendly, and you need to wash it with your hands.
Meyer’s Pre-seasoned cast iron skillet has proven to be an efficient cooking pan with features hard to find in its competitors. It is made in China, sell-by PotsandPans India on Amazon. in
The model is pre-seasoned properly and heavy. It is the best dosa cast iron tawa that you can buy online.
It’s a ‘one-piece’ design, without any screws, joints, or even weldings. It comes with ‘pouring lips’ on both sides for your convenience.
High-temperature heat is distributed on the whole very fast and is retained for a long time saving so much gas or electricity. The heat-resistant canvas grip helps you in handling the cookware without any burns.
It doesn’t have any enamel, black paint, or chemical coating on it. It is pre-seasoned with 100% vegetarian oil.
Extra benefits in using Embassy Cast Iron Skillet
- You can use it for baking, frying & barbecuing with its impressive depth and wider surface.
- Can be used on induction, campfire, grill, oven & more.
- Great for sautéing, frying, searing, roasting, etc.
It weighs 2.1 kg and is very easy to use. Comes with great durability & sturdiness.
Warranty: Lifetime warranty
Depth: 5 cm
Overall, the best choice to add a strong authentic Indian flavour to your dishes. The quality is of high standards and the price is reasonable.
- Must hand-wash
- Clean the surface with a stiff brush.
- Rinse with hot water & dry with a towel, do not air dry.
- Fast & efficient heat distribution
- Heat resistant canvas grip
Indus Valley cast iron cookwares are getting popular day by day. This cast iron Paniyaram pan comes with 7 pits for appam. The dimension of this product is 27 x 13.2 x 4.2 cm and weighs about 2.8 Kg.
The paniyaram pan is pre-seasoned properly. You can apply some vegetable oil to the pan and place it on the stove for 15 minutes under medium flame. After 15 minutes, switch off the gas and let it cool down completely. Now, wipe away the excess oil if any and store it in a dry place.
Wash with mild soap and thoroughly towel dry or dry it on the stove over low heat. Using a cloth or paper towel, apply a light coat of oil (season the pan after every use).
Iron Cookware Brands
- Rock Tawa
- The Indus Valley
- DYNAMIC COOKWARES
- Bhagya Cast Iron Cookware
- Mr. Butler
- Alpha Global
We hope that you found this article on the best cast iron cookware in India helpful. If you’ve any questions, ask below or reach out on our Facebook page Indian Homez.