Roti makers (also known as Chapati pressers) are popular because it’ll save a lot of time of your cooking.
In the old days, people used make chapati (roti) by hand pressing them in a round wooden board. But in today’s world you can use a roti maker to create a perfect size roti without using old methods.
These roti makers saves gas and take less time to create a soft roti. They can cost anywhere between Rs. 500 to Rs. 3000 depending upon their quality and features.
Let’s take a look at the best roti maker in India:
Best Roti Maker in India
- Top Pick: Prestige PRM 3.0 Roti Maker
- Editors Choice: BAJAJ VACCO®”Go-Ezzee” Roti Maker
- Budget Pick: Sunflame RM1 900-Watt Roti Maker
- Under 1000: RYLAN Stainless Steel Roti Maker
If you have a large family then making the dough for roti is time-consuming and tiring. In this case, you should look for an atta dough maker with much power and large dough making capacity.
Best Pick: Prestige Roti Maker
Prestige PRM 3.0 is a well-known roti maker in India. Prestige brand provides awesome customer support all over India.
Prestige PRM 3.0 roti maker comes with a 900-watt power rating and comes with a stainless steel outer body and the inner side is made of a non-stick coated plate. The dimension of this roti maker is 24.13 x 22.86 x 31.75 cm (LxWxH). The PRM 3.0 model weighs around 2.14 Kg.
- Stainless Steel Body
- Easily Make Chapati & Other Items
- 900 Watt Power
- Non-stick Plate
The non-stick coating is PTFE and free from PFOA The model comes with 1 year manufacturer warranty.
Even you can use this to reheat the chapati from previous day but remember the chapati will be warm and not soft like a fresh chapati. However, it does serves the purpose of reheating your chapati.
The handle is made up of plastic which makes it fragile while delivering force on the dough. Remember to apply force on the middle as this will increase the longetivity of this roti maker.
According to our internal testing, we found that you’ve to use more water while making the dough or the roti will be dry and hard. We had learnt this after using the model for sometimes. You can follow our guide to prepare the best dough for a roti maker machine below.
Users Choice: BAJAJ VACCO®”Go-Ezzee” Roti Maker
Bajaj is a household name in India. They are known for their quality kitchen appliances in an affordable rate. This is why most of the users choose Bajaj roti maker over other brands listed here.
BAJAJ VACCO®”Go-Ezzee” Roti Maker comes with a 900 watt power rating and stainless steel outer body with non-stick coated inner side. The handle bar quality is good and this model weighs 2 Kg. The Go-Ezzee model has an auto-shutoff function with shock proof body.
- BAJAJ VACCO Electricals – Over 60 years old National Company with Tradition of High...
- Automatic Electric Chapati/Roti/Khakra Maker : The Product from BAJAJ VACCO has been...
- High quality components : The roti / chapati - maker has been made of superior quality...
- Ultra-safe with a shockproof body and heat resistant handles : The roti / chapati - maker...
- Automatic cut-off feature with indicator light : What sets this roti / chapati - maker...
When the model reaches a certain temperature the model automatically shutoff. This is a useful feature and makes it fireproof.
The LED indicator light turns ‘off’ when the machine is ready to use. You can put the ‘dough ball’ into the non-stick plates and start making soft rotis, chapati, etc.
Budget Pick: Sunflame RM1 900-Watt Roti Maker
Sunflame is a well known brand in this roti maker space. This is the best roti maker in india under 1500 rupees. Best Value for Money model is Sunflame RM1.
Sunflame RM1 model comes with the power rating of 900 watt and comes with uniform heating. The inner body has PFOA free food grade non-stick coated plates & outer body is stainless steel.
- Uniform heating, Oil free cooking
- Food grade non stick coated cooking plate
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power : 230V AC - 900 Watts
- Includes: Roti Maker
The model comes with a 1-year warranty and weighs 2.2 Kg. The plastic quality is ok provided the price range.
An LED indicator is provided near the handlebar. It will show whether the machine is connected to power or not.
According to our test, the model comes within a budget price while maintaining the product quality.
Sunflame is a newer company and thus provide PAN India customer support and their contact number is 9810 99 77 00 / 9971 00 55 44. You can call them and check their nearest customer care.
Under 1000: RYLAN Stainless Steel Roti Dough Maker
RYLAN roti dough maker is another affordable option that you can choose. The model priced between Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000 rupees. The model only flattens the dough, and you will need a tawa to cook the flattened dough.
- APPLICATION: Useful for flattening or pressing poori, papad and khakra in kitchen. Heavy...
- SIZE: This puri machine is of large size and having working diameter of nearly 7 inches....
- EASY TO USE, CLEAN & CARE: Puri press is suitable for beginner to make perfectly round...
- ANTI SLIP SOLE: This poori presser is provided with an anti-skid/slip sole that does not...
- NOTE: Do not expect 100% flattening as in case of belan made puris, but you will get 90%...
We’ve included it in this list because many of us want to use a roti maker only for the sake of simplicity and not to worrying about the roti itself. The dough flatter helps you to flatten the dough prop[erly without using a belan (rolling pin).
The RYLAN dough flatter is made of stainless steel and easy to clean. You can use the same machine to flatten the dough for roti, puri, papad & Khakhra. The maximum flatten dough size is around 7.5 cm.
The model has an anti-skid sole in the bottom so that it doesn’t slip while pressing hard the handlebar.
- Which are the Best Roti Maker brands in India?
BAJAJ VACCO®”Go-Ezzee” model is one of the best roti maker machine in India. Popular roti maker brands include Prestige, Sunflame, etc.
- Is Roti Maker worth buying?
Roti maker save your cooking time. Roti maker acts as a dough flatter and make the roti using heat. It save Gas, your time if you had used a manual roti maker. So it is worth buying a roti maker.
- How much does a roti maker cost?
Roti maker prices range between Rs. 1200 to Rs. 3000 depending upon their quality and features. We also recommend that always go for a branded product, as you're going to use this machine frequently.
- What is the price of Rotimatic in India?
Rotimatic is a robot making rotis for you. It can cost anywhere between Rs. 5000 to Rs. 8000 depending upon the output of the machine.
- Is Roti Maker safe for health?
Yes, Roti makers are absolutely safe to use. Most of the roti makers comes with PFOA free non-stick coated plates that doesn't releases chemicals to the food when heated. But check the product manual to make sure it's PFOA free.
- Why does my roti become hard?
Roti makers are completely different than a manual roti makers. Auto roti makers uses heat to make roti and thus require more water in the dough. Use a little bit of more water into the dough than normal.
- How can I make my roti soft for long time?
After making the roti, you need to use a casserole to store them. Casserole helps to retain the heat for a longer time and will keep your roti soft for a long time.