If you’re ever wondering about purchasing a gas stove, then choosing between stainless steel and glass top gas stove is hard.
In this article, we have listed the advantages and disadvantages of glass top and stainless steel gas stoves. Let’s get started:
Stainless Steel vs Glass Top Gas Stove
Stainless steel gas stoves are cheaper than glass top gas stoves. But stainless steel type stoves are more durable then toughen glass top stoves. Cleaning a glass top stove requires more time than a stainless steel gas stove.
Find out the best gas stove for your home from here.
What is a Stainless Steel Gas Stove?
As the name suggest, the gas stove body is made of stainless steel and comes with brass burners.
- Cost less than a glass top stove
- Easy to clean
- Underbody pipes are prone to rust.
- Looks very basic, not suitable for modern open kitchens.
What is a Glass Top Gas Stove?
These types of gas stoves come with a glass top and a steel powder-coated body. The stovetop is made of toughened glass, hence the name “Glass Top”.
- Built for modern kitchens. Looks premium.
- Grates are screwed with the body. No shaking while cooking.
- The body is made of powder-coated steel. So no more rusting.
- Spill-proof design.
- Expensive than a stainless steel stove
- Made of toughening glass which is prone to shuttering on uneven heating condition of the glass.
- Requires proper cleaning to maintain the glossy shine.
We know you’re confused between glass top and stainless steel gas stoves. There are some model which comes with a glass top design with stainless steel body, the perfect fit them who loves the both.
Here are some of the model we found online: (remember we will add more when we find latest models)
The Prestige Magic 3 burner gas stove is best for you if you’re looking for a glass top stainless steel body gas stove for your kitchen. This model is ISI Certified and comes with 2 years warranty on it.
The glass top is made of 6 mm thick toughened glass. The body is made of stainless steel with anti-skid rubber feet. The dimension of this model is 78 x 43 x 16 cm.
The burners are made of brass with tri pin burner for high efficiency. It comes with 3 medium size burners, best for 3-4 people.
What we didn’t like?
- It comes with small size burners.
- No automatic ignition option.
We hope that you find this article on Stainless Steel vs Glass Top Gas Stove is helpful. At the end, stainless steel gas stoves are more durable and glass top gas stoves are design oriented.
While glass top are made of toughen glass are getting popular and starting to become more durable but they require proper handling and cleaning.
You can read other guides related to kitchen appliances from here.