Looking for the best gas stove in India for your modular kitchen?
In this article, we have reviewed some of the best gas stove brands which will add a premium feel to your kitchen.
Some of the premium brands are- Elica, Kaff, Hindware, Wonderchef and Bosch. All of them are best for modular kitchens.
With this article, you can navigate through different gas stove types including our reviews about each model.
Let’s get started:
Best Gas Stove in India with Price
|Gas Stove Brands||Burners||Type|
|Prestige Marvel 4 Burner Gas Stove||4||Glass Top|
|Sunflame GT Pride 4 Burner Gas Stove||4||Glass Top|
|Glen 4 Burner Auto Ignition||4||Auto Ignition|
|Butterfly 3 Burners Gas Stove||3||1 year|
|Milton 3 Burners Gas Stoves||3||1 year|
|Sunflame 2 High-End Brass||2||2 years|
|Life Long 3 Burners Gas Stove||3||1 year|
|Prestige 3 Burners Gas Stove||3||2 years|
Gas stoves come in different types which include glass top, stainless steel or built-in glass hob. You can check our detailed guide on the best kitchen hob in India from here.
Top 4 Burners Gas Stoves
- Prestige Marvel 4 Burner Gas Stove
- Sunflame GT Pride 4 Burner Gas Stove
- Glen 4 Burner Auto Ignition
- Elica Vetro Glass 4-Burner Top Gas Stove
- Glen GL 1043 GT Top Gas Stove
- If you have got a large family, then 4 burners will reduce your cooking time.
- 4 burners usually come in 2 small, 1 medium and 1 large burner.
- Value for money, considering the per burner price.
- 4 Burners will require more space in your kitchen.
- Costlier, if you only use 2 or 3 burners.
Prestige is a well-known kitchen appliance brand. This gas stove from Prestige comes with 4 burners with a glass top for easy cleaning.
Size of the gas stove (in cm): 63.5 x 60 x 15.5 cm; Burners are made of brass.
The Sunflame GT Pride gas stove comes with 4 burners, is made of brass and dimensions are 59 x 59.5 x 8.5 cm.
This is the best 4 burner gas stove under 5000 rupees, a value for money product.
First of all, it’s the best budget-friendly 4 burner stove with toughened glass top and powder-coated black body.
Build quality is solid with a weight of 7.68 Kg. This is the best alternative to the Prestige 4 burner gas stove which costs a little bit more.
Top 3 Burners Gas Stoves
- Prestige Marvel Glass 3 Burner Gas Top Gas Stove
- Prestige GTM 03L SS Glass Top Gas Stove
- Elica Vetro Glass Top 3 Burner Top Gas Stove
- Pigeon Ultra Glass 3 Burners Manual Gas Stove
- Lifelong 3-Burner Top Gas Stove
- Best for a family of 3-5 people.
- 3 burners require less kitchen space.
- The placement of the burners can affect the cooking area.
Top 2 Burners Gas Stoves
- Prestige Marvel Glass 2 Burner Top Gas Stove
- Pigeon Aster Glass 2 Burner Top Gas Stove
- Sunflame GT Pride 2 Burner Gas Stove
- Pigeon Backline Smart 2 Burner Gas Stove
- Glen 2 Burner Top Gas Stove
- Best for roommates and a family of 2-3 people.
- Require less space than 3 burners gas stoves.
- costs less than 3 or 4 burner stoves.
- Not for a large amount of cooking.
- Only comes in medium size burners.
Gas Stove Buying Guide
The number of burners is the prime factor to look at in a gas stove. This number will depend on the headcount of your family members and how much you cook per day.
In India, you will find a stove with a maximum of 4 burners, while 2-3 burners are mostly preferred by an average Indian family.
However, depending on your need you can choose among these 4 types-
- 4 Burner Gas Stove- for a family with more than 5 members
- 3 Burner Gas Stove- for an average-sized family of 4-5 members
- 2 Burner Gas Stove- for bachelors or small families with 2-3 members
- 1 Burner Gas Stove- They can be useful for individual users
Remember that a 4-burner gas stove will consume more gas than a 2 or 3-burner gas stove but they will save a lot of cooking time.
If you have a small family with 2-3 members, a 2-3 burner gas stove is sufficient for you.
1 burner gas stoves are only for students or workers with travel-type jobs. But we recommend that you should look for electric cooking options like induction cooktops.
There are two different ignition options – manual ignition and auto-ignition.
In manual ignition, you need a match stick or a lighter to ignite the gas.
In an automatic ignition mode, it has an in-built ignition option that works with a battery. This automatically sparks the gas as soon as you switch the stove on.
Auto-ignition is a more convenient and safer option but costlier, requires careful handling and costs more in case of repairing than manual-ignition type stoves.
Sturdiness, corrosion resistance, and heat distribution of the stove is directly related to what material burner it uses.
There are two types of burners- Brass burners and Aluminium Burners.
Brass burners are made up of alloy metals and are an excellent conductor of heat, corrosion-resistant, and durable.
Aluminium burners are another great conductor of heat but are prone to corrosion. They cost much lesser than brass burners and their lifespan is much shorter than the brass burners.
Design and Finish
If you’re looking for the best gas stove for a modular kitchen then a glass top and black powder-coated bottom are recommended for most.
Depending on the budget, you can also look into the built-in gas hob that large restaurants have.
Gas Stove Size
The first step is to measure your kitchen stove placement area- width and length. After that look for gas stoves that can be fitted into that area.
Gas stoves come in different shapes and sizes – rectangular, square, compact or large. The stove size will majorly depend on the number of burners it has.
Anti-skid feet firmly hold the stove in its place without moving. It works on any kitchen floor.
It is important to ensure your safety while cooking. Almost all top gas stove brands in India offer this feature.
Price and Warranty
For obvious reasons, the price will determine the features of any product.
Pick a budget of 5000 to 7000 rupees to get most of the premium features you’re seeking for a modular kitchen.
Warranty is standard- some brands offer 1-year, 2-year, or even 5 years of manufacturer warranty.
Depending on the price, 1 or 2 years of warranty is given by most of the gas stove brands like Kaff or Elica.
Do you need a Gas Stove?
Gas stoves are not dependent on electricity. They can work anywhere. You need a gas cylinder and a stove to cook.
If you’re cooking using conventional stoves using kerosene or wooden pallets, gas stoves are an efficient upgrade.
On the other hand, having an induction cooker is complementary to a gas stove.
Benefits of gas stoves:
- They are easy to use and hassle-free.
- Save your cooking time by utilizing 2-4 burners at the same time.
- They look stylish and go hand in hand with a modular kitchen.
- Gas stoves are safe and ISI certified.
Precautions to Consider While Using a Gas Stove
- It is better to be safe than sorry. Though cooking with gas stoves is much simple and safe than traditional ones, there are still some safety precautions to consider. We have mentioned them below for your convenience. Make sure to follow them while cooking.
- Never let your children play in the kitchen while cooking is happening. And moreover, never let them touch any hot utensils or gas stoves.
- Before removing the hot utensil or dish from the burner, switch off the corresponding knob.
- If you are smelling gas leakage, then make sure the control knobs are turned off. Open all the windows. Don’t switch on the lights or fans before the gas smells vanish.
- If you are experiencing difficulty in connecting the stove to the gas cylinder, then contact your gas dealer for help. Never connect both if you are not sure as it can cause leakage.
- Never place plastic bowls, cardboard boxes or other non-cooking equipment on the burner.
- When the gas stove is not in use, then close the cylinder valve.
- Remove the burners and pan supports before cleaning. Soak them in hot water containing liquid soap.
- Avoid using flammable sprays, liquids and aerosols for cleaning a gas stove.
- After washing burners, allow them to dry under sunlight before placing them in their position.
- Never allow the food to heat or boil for a very long time as it can put out the flame which can increase the chances of explosion.
- Always follow the instructions and warnings provided by the manufacturer. Thoroughly read the booklet and manual provided for safe handling.
- If you smell a gas leakage, never light cigarettes, a stove or other flammable things. This can lead to severe and dangerous situations.
- When a burner is clogged, use a straight pin or opened paper clip to unclog each hole.
- Never line or cover the burners with foil as it can inhibit airflow to burners.