Are you looking for the best appam maker in India?
Then you have come to the right article. Appam pan with glass lid is a must-have for those who love Appe. With Coconut Chutney or Masala Dhal, it’s irresistible.
In this article, we’re going to list down the best appam maker with step by step guide to using one.
Let’s get started:
Best Appam Maker in India
- Hawkins Appam Maker with lid
- Prestige Omega Select Plus Appam Maker
- Cello Appam Patra with Stainless Steel Lid
- Tosaa Aluminium 12 Cavity Appam Patra
Hawkins is a well-known name for all of us. They have changed the whole kitchen experience by providing useful kitchen appliances like Pressure cookers and kitchen chimneys.
- Die-cast. Die-cast Technology allows for metal thickness exactly where needed, so your pan...
- 12 Cups – each having a volume of 25 ml
- Inner PFOA Free German 3-coat Nonstick - lasts longer
- Outer German Ceramic Coating – For great looks, stain resistant
- Integrated Bracket-cum-Flame Guard - handle will stay cool and will not loosen
Hawkins Appam maker comes with a glass lid and has the capacity of making 12 pieces of appam in one go. The pan is made of cast aluminium with non-stick coated, making it easy to use and clean.
The coating is PFOA free and the pan distributes heat evenly so no more overcooking.
The glass lid makes it easy to cook your appam without worrying about the appam colour. This is the best appam maker in India with a glass lid in this price range.
When ordered through Amazon.in, the package comes with a pan and glass lid along with a wooden picker & instruction manual with recipes.
The 12 pieces appam takes around 10-15 minutes depending upon the gas stove heat.
The Hawkins Appam maker comes with a 2-years warranty. However, the model cannot be used on induction cooktops, that is the only negatives that we found during our testing. You can use this on a gas stove easily.
Prestige has come to the point where you cannot make a list of the best kitchen appliances without mentioning them.
- Material: Alumunium; Size: Paniyarakkal 240 mm; Base type: Gas Stove Compatible; Base...
- Coating type: Non Stick; No. of layers: 3 Layer; Finish: Non Stick. Note: The holder/knob...
- Warranty: 1 Year; Included in warranty: Manufacturing defects will be covered in the...
- SCRATCH & ABRASION RESISTANT TECHNOLOGY This cookware range has extreme ability to resist...
- METAL SPOON FRIENDLY NON-STICK COATING Prestige Omega Select Plus Cookware comes with 3...
Prestige Omega Select Plus appam maker comes with 12 pits for Paniyarakkal. The pan is made of non-stick coated and is PFOA free. The model is metal spoon friendly and does not harm the non-stick coating.
The 2 bakelite handlebars make it easy to use & hold the pan while cooking or after cooking.
The model has a 1-year warranty and provides customer support all over the country.
The model does come with a glass lid which makes it easy to use like the Hawkins Appam maker.
Remember there is another model of this which doesn’t come with a lid so you’ve to purchase one or will have to use the model without a lid. The price will be lower compared to the lid included model.
We think that a glass lid and a non-glass lid model with the same name confused most of the buyers. So beware when purchasing this model, check for this appam maker has a glass lid with it.
Cello has brought the game to a whole new level. They are cheaper but packed with standard quality and are best for budget users.
- It provides a stable heat distribution during cooking and is fast in heating up....
- This cookware features a nonstick coating, which allows for lower-fat cooking options--no...
- Warranty - 1 Year subject to Manufacturing Defect
- Material - Pure Grade Aluminum, Shape - Round, Colour - Blue & Grey, Cavity - 12, Lid -...
- Made with superior American heritage Dupont non stick coating for healthy cooking.
Cello Appam Patra comes with 12 pits and stainless steel lid. Though you cannot see through a stainless steel lid while they are easy to clean and store. The material is made of non-stick coated aluminium.
This Cello Appam maker costs around 500-600 rupees online, earning it the best appam maker under 500 rupees award for this post.
It comes with a sturdy bakelite handle which allows smooth handling. It is extremely durable and its ergonomic nature makes it ideal for those who prefer convenience.
The model comes with a 1-year warranty and weighs around 899 grams. The handlebar of this model could be better.
How to use an Appam Maker?
Here is a below video explaining how to use an appam maker while making it:
Savoury Appe (Kuzhi Paniyaram)
Serves: 24 Appe; Time: 25 minutes;
- Colam rice – ¾ cup / 150 g,
- Fenugreek seeds (methi) – 1/8 tsp / 0.6 ml,
- Split skinned black gram (urad dal) – ¼ cup / 50 g,
- Beaten rice/poha (thin variety) – ¼ cup / 15 g,
- Water (other than for step 1) – ¾ cup / 180 ml,
- Salt – 1 tsp / 5 ml, vegetable oil – 2 tsp / 10 ml,
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 small (1¾ oz / 50 g),
- Fresh ginger (finely chopped) – 1 x ¾ inch / 2 cm piece (¼ oz / 8 g),
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp / 30 ml,
- Curry leaves (torn into pieces) – 15 small,
- Green chilli (finely chopped) – 1,
- Vegetable oil (for greasing cups) – 1 tbsp / 15 ml
Step by Step Guide
- Mix rice and fenugreek seeds. In separate bowls, cover rice-fenugreek mixture and dal with water at least 4 cm above ingredients. Soak 4 hours. Drain.
- Grind rice into a slightly coarse paste, gradually adding ¼ cup + 1 tbsp/75 ml water.
- Grind dal into a paste, gradually adding remaining water (¼ cup + 3 tbsp/105 ml). Add poha and continue grinding into a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl, mix rice and dal pastes and salt to make batter. Cover and keep aside (not in a refrigerator) at least 12 hours to ferment.
- In a small pan, heat 2 tsp/10 ml oil on medium heat about 1 minute. Add onion and ginger. Stir fry till light brown. Immediately add to the batter. Add coriander leaves, curry leaves and chilli. Mix.
- Heat Appe pan on medium heat about 2 minutes. Brush oil in each cup. Reduce heat to low. Stir batter and pour 1 heaped tablespoon in each cup. Cover pan and cook about 4 minutes. Uncover pan. Turn each appe with the appe remover. Cover and cook about 4 minutes. Uncover pan and remove. Keep heat at low. Brush oil in each cup. Cook remaining appe in the same way. Serve hot with green coriander chutney.
Egg & Cheese Balls
- Beat eggs, add vegetables and seasonings.
- Heat Appe pan, brush oil in each cup, spoon egg mixture + cheese, cover and cook about 4 minutes. Serve hot.
(Full recipe in the Cookbook inside the carton).
Chocolate Walnut Muffins
- Sift, beat and blend to make cake batter.
- Heat Appe pan, brush butter in each cup, spoon batter, cover and cook about 5 minutes on each side. Cool and serve.
(Full recipe in the Cookbook inside the carton)
Spicy Veg Manchurian
- Mix together vegetables, bread crumbs, corn flour and seasonings. Make 12 balls.
- Heat Appe pan, brush oil in each cup and cook the manchurian about 5 minutes on each side. Serve hot.
(Full recipe in the Cookbook inside the carton).
We hope that you liked this article on the best appam maker in India.
Hawkins Appam Maker with a glass lid will be a wise choice. It is non-stick coated, easy to clean, has 12 appe dips, and comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.